Re: apt-get update failing on /stable/ security updates

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 08:49 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> Failed to fetch ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/Release.gpg  Data
> socket timed out [IP: 128.101.240.212 21]
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: Conflicting distribution: http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release
> (expected stable but got etch)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> "etch" is stable?  I didn't think that would ever happen.

You've obviously have not been around long, Sarge was fo'ever in
Testing, about 3 years.

Yes Etch was released Yesterday (April 8th 2007, 9:15AM Eastern).
Security hasn't quite moved on yet.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup