Re: aptitude cancel actions

> > Hi.  I'm wondering how, via the keyboard, I can select "Actions",
> > and then select "Cancel pending actions", when running aptitude.
> > I've only been able to select this using a mouse.
> >
> >Mark
>

> I don't understand what you mean. You want to tell Aptitude to do a
> bunch of stuff, and then tell it to not do it?

I change my mind occasionally, yes.

> Well you could always use Aptitude at the console,

Unless I'm having problems with X, and boot into my computer in single
user mode as root for maintenance.

> it has a ncurses
> interface. Just mark the packages you want for installation and quit
> the program without doing anything (Or run it as non-root, you
> definitely won't break anything that way).

> Or you could use aptitude's dry-run option, as follows:

> $ aptitude --simulate install <whatever>

I suppose that's an option.  Again, I'm just curious if what is
possible with a mouse is also possible via the keyboard.  I have found
it useful to be able to change my mind and cancel pending actions.
I've only been able to choose this command with the mouse.  So, simply
put, can this command be done with the keyboard?

Mark