Re: network problem on a dell machine

2007/4/6, Joe Hart <j.hart@orange.nl>:

Thomas Jollans wrote:
> William Xu wrote:
>> The problem is that i'm unable to connect to the internet
>> directly(execpt for google, weird..). ping, dns, traceroute, netstate
>> all look fine.
>
> this paragraph is self-contradictory; Are your problems limited to the
> world wide web ? If so, have you tried using a different web browser ?
>
> Thomas

Exactly.  If ping works, then internet works.  Looks to me like it is a
firewall or router problem.  Blocking port 80 perhaps?

I also guess it could be firewall/router problem. But don't how to fix that.
80 isn't blocked, AFAIK.

Actually, I have another machine in the same local net also with debian sid,
but with linux-2.6.15, whick works quite well.

--
William