Re: IDE to USB Adapter

> > problems being caused by not connecting things in the right order
> > 1. Adapter - HD
> > 2. Power - HD
> > 3. Adapter - USB/Computer
> >
> > Disconnect in reverse.

Yes, this was apparently part of my problem.  I do need to connect
things in the order you say above or the device is not recognized by the
OS.  However, sometimes the drive will not power up if the HD adapter is
plugged in first.  If I then unplug the HD adapter the drive will power
up.  Quite strange.  If I then plug the HD adapter back in the drive
will stay powered on, but I think that then results in the device not
being recognized by the OS.  So, I need to be persistent in carefully
connecting the HD adapter first, and then plugging in the power and
hoping that the drive powers on.  When this eventually works then I'm
safe the plug the USB into my host and everything will work fine.

> Perhaps I ought to verify that mine is the same; the box says: Vantec
> SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter; Model: CB-ISATAU2

Yes, that is my model.