Re: IDE to USB Adapter

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 01:34 +0200, Matt Miller wrote:
> > >  If I reboot my computer with the device already plugged in then the
> > >  device is not recognized until I unplug it and plug it back in.
> >
> > Since the kernel will see it as a USB drive, you probably don't have
> > to  reboot.
>
> Yeah, everything works if I first turn the device completely on, and
> then just plug in the usb cable.

I read something on newegg.com about problems being caused by not
connecting things in the right order (messing up hds maybe?), and the
manual does give some specifics too, so I put this on the back of the
adapter:
1. Adapter - HD
2. Power - HD
3. Adapter - USB/Computer

Disconnect in reverse.  I think this satisfies everything in the reviews
on newegg.com and what is in the manual.