Re: Newbie = Networking Question?

On Friday 06 April 2007 20:16, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 04/06/2007 05:20 PM, Randy Patterson wrote:
> > I have searched for a way to mount that directory to the local
> > file systems and use it from there but can't seem to find
> > exactly how to do that. I would like to mount it to something
> > like;
> >
> > /home/randy/workspace
>
> You can use the smbmount utility which is part of the smbfs
> package.
>
> Try this:
>
> smbmount //myserver/HostedSites /home/randy/workspace \
>   -o username=randy,password=randy_pwd
>
> I use autofs, but see if you can get it mounted manually first
> before tackling that.
>
> --
> Glen

Thanks so much for your help Glen! It worked perfectly!

I must share this to show the power of google though. When I read your
message, my brain read your command as 'submount' which of course will not
work. I tried everything I could think of to no avail. I was about to respond
to your message that it didn't work and decided to try google first. I type
the following command line into Konqueror;

gg: submount smbfs Debian

The response contained this;

Did you mean: smbmount smbfs Debian

I knew instantly what I had done and was blown away that google replied
with "smbmount"! After substituting smbmount every was worked fine.

Again, thanks for the help,
Randy