Re: Help! My gnome desktop has been cleared!

Dennis G. Wicks:

> I rebooted and my desktop has been cleaned off. All the
> icons for the computer, my home dir, mounted drives and
> some launchers I had set up are gone.

Are you using Gnome? Then it sounds like nautilus either isn't running
or has been configured not to manage the desktop anymore. In the former
case, just open a nautilus window and check whether your icons have
returned. Otherwise, run gconf-editor and make sure that
/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop is checked.

J.
--
When you put a gun to my head you aren't fooling anyone.
[Agree]   [Disagree]