Etch: XEN domU networking

Hello everyone

Today I've found the following problem: when I start domU under xen with stock debian kernel (linux-image-2.6.18-4-xen-686) domU has no network interfaces. Discovering the problem I found that this kernel was compiled with:
# CONFIG_IP_PNP is not set
so it does not allow to pass network interface parameters to kernel when boot.

So how do I need to set up domU with this kernel to use under default Etch installation ? Or should I instead compile and use my own kernel ?

--
Best regards
Anton Khalikov