Re: Newbie Question - KDE-Gnome-xfce

Randy Patterson <tech@patterson-pcc.com> writes:

> As I had stated previously I installed from the
> debian-testing-i386-kde-CD-1.iso image. If I take your suggestion,
> which sounds like a good one, when I boot will I be given a choice of
> which system to start or will I have to manually close KDE and start
> one of the others?  Although compared to Windoze XP I am thrilled with
> KDE I do think I would like to take a look at the others ones.

Well, I'm not sure what kind of environment the kde testing cd will
install these days, but I presume you do have a GUI login environment
(using KDM).  There is an option in KDM that let you choose which
environment you want to use (it's called sessions, I think).

So, basically, you install all three environments.  *After* you boot-up,
you will get the familiar login screen.  Type in your name and then
choose the environment.  The system will remember what you chose last.
To change environment, just logout of your current session, and log back
in with the new environment.

--
John L. Fjellstad