Re: convert the DVD region

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:27:34 +0200, gustavo halperin wrote:

>  There are any way to rip a DVD region 4 and make a new DVD but with
> another region ??

Why another region? Free you up from the DVD region shit!

Check the videohelp FAQ:
http://www.videohelp.com/faq.htm

which includes:

Region free
How do I make my DVD-ROM regionfree?
How do I make WinDVD,PowerDVD,Win2k... region free?
How do I make Hollywood Plus DVDStation region free?
How do I make my standalone DVD region free?

If you DO want another region, I don't understand why but, sure it is
possible under Linux. Here is something to get you started:

/* compile me:                        */
/*   gcc -o region-zero region-zero.c */
/* set my perms:                      */
/*   chmod 0755 region-zero           */
/* move me to someplace useful:       */
/*   mv region-zero /usr/local/bin    */
/* run me in directory VIDEO_TS       */

#include <stdio.h>

main() {
  FILE * fd;
  fd = fopen("VIDEO_TS.IFO","r+");
  fseek(fd,0x23,SEEK_SET); /* hex offset 0x23 is the region code byte */
  putc(0x0,fd);            /* zero all the region code bits */
}

You need to look up what code to put there in order to get your region.

BTW, the c file is from Transcode wiki.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/