Re: Etch, nfs, and AIX v3.2

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:28 -0700, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> I'm having some problems setting up 4 nfs shares that mount reliably on
> an Etch box that is importing the share from an RS/6000 AIX v3.2
> server.  It takes about a minute to mount each share at boot, and about
> 1/2 that time to manually mount one of the shares share.  I get an "RPC:
> timed out" error on the client if a manual mount fails.
>
> Do I need to specify the version, udp, etc... on the client, as it seems
> that nfs v3 wasn't released until long after this server went into
> production?
>
> The same client will mount nfs shares from a Debian box on the same
> subnet as the AIX machine almost instantly.

AIX v3.2 uses nfsv2, if I am not mistaken.

a line example for /etc/fstab:

        remo:/export/aix  /mnt/aix/  nfs  default,vers=2  0  0

BTW, with version 2 of NFS, both machine mush be able to resolve each
other. Also, since nfsv2 doesn't support rsize and wsize other than
default, don't change them.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup