Re: dumb question about odg files and wmf files etc....

Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debianists,
>
> I created a flow chart in Open Office 2.0.  It is a .odg file.  I

Uhhh. It's called OpenOffice.org I was told by one of the maintainers,
who was really annoyed of me calling it like that.

> What is the best way to proceed here?

Without knowing your detailed requirements, I would suggest trying to
export the graphic as .png from openoffice.org. With reasonable command
of his OS, he should be able to view a .png.

> My pal won't have time to install Open Office for windows on his PC.  He
> will just want to be able to read something into his Msoffice software
> (e.g. Microsoft Draw or whatever is similar to that nowadays in Windows
> land).
>
> Is there a file converter that is preferred by Debian users?

convert from imagemagic is the one I use from the command line, but I
don't know if it converts .odg. It converts about any *graphics* format
I came along.

HTH,
Johannes