Re: dumb question about odg files and wmf files etc....

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 17:08 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debianists,
>
> I created a flow chart in Open Office 2.0.  It is a .odg file.  I created it
> in Open Office Draw.  I sent a copy of it to my pal who I think is a 100%
> MSWindows creature....
>
> He emailed me back saying the .odg file was not recognised when he tried to
> read it in.  I am not sure which MSOffice program he tried to read it in
> with.
>
> There is some discussion on the internet about Microsoft putting a odf type
> reader/converter onto software like MSWord and Excel etc and I think some
> people in the sourceforge world were even trying to help with this a little.
>
> I nosed around on the web and it seems to me that maybe the windows meta
> file or even enhanced meta file might be the right format to convert the odg
> file into to make it easier for my pal to read it into an MSoffice type
> document processing program.
>
> There are websites and software packages that I think can convert an odg
> file to a WMF file.
>
> What is the best way to proceed here?
>
> My pal won't have time to install Open Office for windows on his PC.  He
> will just want to be able to read something into his Msoffice software (e.g.
> Microsoft Draw or whatever is similar to that nowadays in Windows land).
>
> Is there a file converter that is preferred by Debian users?

I'd just "Save As" and make it an "MS" format. Currently it isn't worth
the "hassle" for ODF right now.

Then also ask him to pay for MSWindows and MSOffice for you, so you can
cater to his wishes.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup