Re: OT Mac OS X and Etch NFS question

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 09:04:49AM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 02.04.07 12:07, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > I want to set up Mac running OS X v 10.4 as a NFS server
> > so that I can have one of my Debian boxes read files from
> > it on an NFS mount. Can anyone, please point me to some
> > instructions on setting up OS X as an NFS server?
>
> I wonder, why do you ask here? Aren't there any Mac OS X mailing
> lists/newsgroups/forums with proplr able to help you there?
> Do you found debian people more skilled than those in Mac OS X groups?

Most Mac help on the Web assumes that you know something about the
Mac. Mac people seem to have their own specialize vocabulary about
which I know nothing. I use Debian and debian-user is the place for
good information and advice, IMHO. It is an Etch machine on which
I want to mount the shares. Given what little I know about Mac, it
appears to be a gigantic aggregation of special cases, so I supposed
that a special case for Debian is a serious possibility ... etc.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net