Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?

> > So I'd say that maybe Stable is really not for Desktop use.
> > Testing is the best choice because it is neither too dangerous
> > nor too old.
>
> What do you think about adding a new release type maybe called
> "current"?

I think we already have that middle ground, with Debian backports.
When testing was too insane (Etch went through a rough time with the
move to udev, and xorg), and stable was too old, I just souped up
stable with Debian backports for a while, until I felt testing was safe
enough to install on my computer without it turning psycho.  And,
fortunately, I can now shower without Etch pulling a Bates on me.

Mark