Re: Lost menu

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Sven Arvidsson wrote:

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 15:02 -0700, Jeff D wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Bernard Fay wrote:
A while ago, I installed CrossOver from Codeweavers which appeared in my
menu Applications of Gnome.  Since an updated those menu for CrossOver are
gone.  In Alacarte Menu Editor, I can see those menu as visible but I don't
actually see them.  What might be wrong?

If you select "Applications" in Alacarte, is "Visible" ticked for the
Crossover menu?

I'm going to guess that you have the menu package installed, if so take a
look at :
/usr/share/doc/menu/html
that will explain how to get your menus all straight.

but for example, I use a version of rxvt that I've compiled myself, so in
~/.menu Ive put a file nameed rxvt with this in it:
?package(rxvt):needs="x11" section="XShells"      \
    longtitle="Rxvt: terminal emulator for X"            title="Rxvt"\
    command="/usr/local/bin/rxvt -bg black -sl 5000 -fg white -fn fixed
-vb"

then run update-menus, and I get a menu option under Xshells named Rxxt.

Actually, GNOME doesn't use the Debian menu system, it uses the
freedesktop.org menu specification.

Ah, good to know, I know I've ran into similar issues with window maker..

---
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.