Re: OT: sponge burning!
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: OT: sponge burning!
- From: Paul Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 17:17:17 -0700
- Message-id: <1559884.Sijl2EY20C@ursa-major.ursine.ca>
- References: <20070316165743.GF26920@miami.connexer.com> <20070316170518.GC3712@localhost.localdomain> <20070316172524.GH26920@miami.connexer.com> <20070316174620.GD3712@localhost.localdomain> <email@example.com> <20070319023612.GA14000@santiago.connexer.com> <12791738.FNnmshGOLz@ursa-major.ursine.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070319225702.GF31767@santiago.connexer.com> <email@example.com> <20070326023618.GC19415@santiago.connexer.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <46078A80.email@example.com> <4607BA25.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4607C7E3.email@example.com>
Kent West wrote in Article <4607C7E3.firstname.lastname@example.org> posted to
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>> On 03/26/07 03:55, Dan H. wrote:
>>> After this thread has been going on for months, I decided to find out if
>>> "sponge burning" is some kind of idiomatic expression because I'd never
>>> heard it before.
>>> So I googled "sponge burning".
>>> But all I got were references to this thread, dozens of them, and
>>> nothing else. Does this mean that this thread has now become the de
>>> facto definition of sponge burning, whatever it means?
>> Yes. IIRC, it started out referring to Sponge Bob Square Pants.
> Actually, it started out as a discussion related to an article on
> Slashdot/digg/something similar about nuking sponges in a microwave oven
> in order to kill the bacteria/germs on the sponge.
> When the article
> first came out, it did not specify to make sure the sponge was wet, and
> subsequently there were many reports a day or three later about dry
> sponges catching fire. I don't recall why that topic made it to this
> list, nor why it morphed into such a very off-topic thread, but it's all
> archived if you're really curious.
Definitely break out the gmane for that one...
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk): email@example.com