Re: recording sound problem

abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> hi,
> I tried to record sound, using the standard grecord on gnome
> (testing), although it is running correctly on a PC, it didn't record
> on my laptop which is a new one ( compaq dual core). The sound card is
> good since I can hear sound and play video.
>
> so I want to check that the recorder is good ( the headphone is good I
> checked it on other machine)

Do you want to record from something plugged into your sound card? You could try
using Audacity instead.

Have you run alsaconf?

Have you turned on the sound card input socket and set a level in alsamixer?

These are all described here:
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Sound_in_Debian_GNU/Linux

--
Chris.