Re: Debian User List

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi(kamaraju@bluebottle.com) is reported to have said:
> Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
>
> > Well, if people use [OT] on the subject I don't think there is any serious
> > problem.
> >

> Whom are you kidding? Some of us pay by the amount of bandwidth used. All
> the OT threads do cost us money. Moreover, there is the cost of archiving
> all these discussions which are not relevant to debian project.

There is an easy way to prevent getting in a tizzy over all of the OT
mail.  Dump it.  That way you don't get upset, don't offend anyone,
and keep your blood pressure down.

I'm too old to bother with it so I just have murx, delete it at the Pop
server.  It's a lot better then creating a new OT thread about all the
OT posts that don't interest you.

Murx makes it so easy I only have to read a few OT posts, then add a
line to one of my filter files.

DENY = "^Subject:.*Woohooo! Dell + Linux"
DENY = "^Subject:.*Which OS?"
DENY = "^Subject:.*non-Debian"
DENY = "^Subject:.*dumb query"
DENY = "^Subject:.*Politics"
DENY = "^Subject:.*XP OEM"
DENY = "^Subject:.*OEM or Retail"
DENY = "^Subject:.*sponge burning*"
DENY = "^Subject:.*OT."

I don't complain about what I don't see.

Just my .02 cents.

Wayne

--
A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.