Re: Crashed X - Hard re-boot

On 3/31/07, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
"Dave Walker" <carol.dave.walker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Running Gnome in terminal 1 as normally privileged user. Initialized
> by      startx.
>
> Switch to terminal 2 (CTRL ALT F2) and log in as same user as in
> terminal 1. No commands issued in terminal 2.
>
> Switch back terminal 1 (CTRL ALT F1), and X has crashed. Gnome is

X (usually) runs on terminal 7. Try (Ctrl+)Alt+F7. And yes, it has
happened to me as well ;)

Regards,
Andrei
--
Thanks, Andrei........ what you explained was exactly what I found. X
was not running in terminal 1 at all as I expected, but was "hiding"

That raises the question, though, about what happined to terminal 1.
Why won't it respond, and why does it appear to be comatose???

Dave W.