Re: Bread (was Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux)

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 30 March 2007 22:43, Greg Folkert wrote:

>>> Which country is this?  Here, Aldi doesn't ever sell bread that cheap.
>> The good ole US of 'Murica. Specifically in Grand Rapids, MI.
>>
>> And to be honest, the only thing I don't like about Aldi bread, is that
>> it isn't always the "tradition" loaf shape. Sometimes a bit deformed.
>>
>> I'll go out on a short limb and say that more than 95% of the stuff Aldi
>> carries that has direct "brand-name" equivalents, is better tasting...
>> or SUCH a great value, that the taste doesn't matter at that point. Most
>> fall in the first category. Cereal, Milk, Bread, Ground Beef, Pork
>> Chops, "frozen" burritos, Fish Sticks, Fired Potatoes, Potatoe Chips,
>> "Juice" (cranberry, Apple, Sunny D knock off orange, etc) drinks, Soda
>> pop, Vegetable oil(different kinds), shampoo, hand soap, Paper Towels,
>> Tissue, Frozen seafood, fresh vegetables, beef Steak cuts, brats,
>> sausage, yogurt, pre-made pudding, boxed stuffing, "mac and
>> cheese" ($0.29 each box and significantly better tasting than Kraft
>> equivalent) and many other products in similar shape and form.
>>
>> One product that falls into the second category:
>>
>>         "Manwich" costs $1.99 in most stores(plus or minus $0.20)
>>
>>         Aldi equivalent $0.29. It isn't quite as flavorful, but it still
>>         tastes a might good better in comparison to plain ground beef
>>         and really is only slight less tasty than "Manwich"
>>
>> I mean, since the price difference is so HUGE and the quality is mostly
>> as good or even better, why Aldi is not deluged by people from open to
>> close, I'll never know.
>> --
>> greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
>
> Recently bought a webcam from Aldi. Reduced from 25 to 5€. It works fine using
> the ov511 driver. They had some more there at the same price, so I bought 2
> more. Nothing like having a couple of spares.
>
> And the breads ok too.
>
> You don't find the usual brand names, but I have no problem with the stuff
> they provide. It tastes ok, and all I'm trying to do is stay alive.
>
> Nigel.

I don't know if they sell them there, but here aldi sells computers too.

I did a little digging and they are all over the place.  A simple visit
to http:/www.aldi.com will tell you all of the countries they are in.
Quite a world player.  'Twas news to me.  Maybe I'd recognize some of
the products they sell.

I did buy a computer from them once.  It was a bargain price for a very
well designed computer.  Of course, it came with Windows.

Joe

- --