Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 09:51:16AM EST, Celejar wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:57:02 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> > On 03/30/07 08:23, Celejar wrote:

> > > [snip]

> > > Doesn't basic economics dictate that given competition, the equilibrium
> > > price is determined by both supply and demand? Even if I'm willing to
> > > pay a great deal, if the cost to produce the item is low, competition
> > > should drive down the price. Are you implying that the market is a
> > > monopoly or oligarchy?
> >
> > Asking if MSFT is a monopoly?  How long have you been around Linux?
>
> As I wrote to Paul, my comments were about whole grain bread, not
> Microsoft.

First, you buy a few cartloads of white flour ..

Add to it bran, chaff, sawdust .. whatever .. in adequate quantities.

Spend a few bucks on marketing and designers .. come up with the right
kind of ads .. labels .. slogans .. etc.

Send out your sales force to a few major distributors.

Sell them the stuff twice three times the price of the base component.

Naturally, my comments are about whole grain, not Microsoft.

Thanks,
cga