Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 02:21:34PM -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:

> The OP could have presented his request differently, but I don't think
> a binary answer in the spirit of "love it or leave it" is particularly
> helpful.  The method of handling Reply-To: in this mailing list is in
> the minority, and even if people believe it to be better, that puts the
> burden of explanation on us.  Having the question come up over and over
> again, followed by a generally unsuccessful attempt to convince the
> questioner that everyone else does it wrong, is the price of doing
> things this way.

Actually, no, the burden is not on us.  It is really quite simple.  When
you join a group, you adapt to *its* norms and conventions.  If you
don't like, then you are free to leave.  Now, asking (politely) for an
explanation is usually not a problem.  However, starting off with "this
is broken, it needs to change" is not usually welcomed unless you happen
to carry a great deal of influence in the group.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez