Re: Bonding problems

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 07:39:05PM +0200, Listas Locatel wrote:
> Hi, I am configuring a bonding in linux (Debian) and I have many
> problems. Always Only one card it's receiving and sending packets.
>
> My config is:
>
> iface bond0 inet static
>       address 192.168.18.210
>       netmask 255.255.255.0
>       network 192.168.18.0
>       broadcast 192.168.18.255
>       gateway 192.168.18.254
>       up ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1
>       down ifenslave -d bond0 eth0 eth1

Here is my configuration :

http://smhteam.info/wiki/index.linux.php5?wiki=ChannelBonding

The link is in french but you should be able to find what you need and
compare your configuration to mine.

If you want more informations, let me know.

> Other problem is when I "ifdown" then bonding device the OS goes to a
> infinite loop and I have to shutdown uncleanly, it's strange....
> I load the module with mode=0 and mode=4 options, with miimon=100 and
> without miimon option... I don't know. I haven't a 803.2ad switch
> capable and the mode=4 fails and it's OK.
>
> The ethernet cards I'm using are a Realtek 8169 (From DLINK and KTI) ..
> I don't know what can be the problem ...
>
> You know ??

Yes. I had the same problem using Realtek 8169, too. But as a matter
fact, I get out of this mess by using two other cards.

So, you are not alone 8)!

--
Franck Joncourt
http://www.debian.org