Re: Woohooo! Dell + Linux

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:00:27PM +0100, José Santos wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
> I tend to be cautious when reading such announcements from a major
> manufacturer like Dell.
>
> Lets hope for the best.

I agree, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to big businesses and
GNU/Linux. As far as I remember Dell's been selling Linux computers
for a while though, with Red Hat on them (Not sure if I'm 100% correct
on that though, but I've heard of it before. They're just buried deep
inside of Dell's website.

Anyway, after what happened recently with HP[0] and Dell's unwillingness
to comment on HP's actions I'd be pretty paranoid.

(Not sure if this was posted in this comment yet, but two times
doesn't matter)
[0] http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/27/1753218&from=rss