Re: apache-mpm-prefork debian perfomance tuning

On 3/29/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 09:36:28PM +0530, Siju George wrote:

> Which means Security updates for Sarge will stop soon right?
> And I will need to upgrade all the Sarge servers on the net soon :-)

Security support for Sarge will continue for 1 year after the release of
Etch or until the release of Lenny (which ever comes first).  For
example, I support some computers in a primary/secondary school
environment.

Thats Great :-)

Those won't be getting upgraded until over the summer.  No
sense taking the chance of breaking anything while school is still in.
:-)

Again comming back to using Etch there is one more thing to be careful right?

The apt source.list will contain the keyword "testing" for Etch now.
Once it is released as stable that should also be changed to stable in
all Etch Systems so as to get the right packages isn't it?

Also since you said there are major changes between Sarge and Etch.
Will a

apt-get dist-upgrade work on the machines without breaking things?

because all my Systems except a few sits on the other side of the Globe :-(

It took me a while to track it down again, but this article would be of
great interest to you:

http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/attention_span/

I don't recall if it covers apache specifically, but you might want to
ask in the #apache channel for specifics if nobody else here has any
suggestions.

Thankyou So much Roberto.
You are such a nice person with a great helping mentality :-))))))))))))

Kind Regards

Siju