Re: BellSouth DSL with Static IP

I am trying to do something similar with SBC Netopia 3546 with a sonicwall behind it.  I want the SonicWall to have an external IP

We have 5 IPs.  I am xxx.xxx.xxx.161 to xxx.xxx.xxx.165  The IP the Netopia pulls with PPoE is xxx.xxx.xxx.166

According to this documentation http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/CQG_042.html

You are to uncheck the NAT box then I am confused as to what to set the LAN interface to. According to the document it says to set it to what the WAN is which would be xxx.xxx.xxx.166 in my case. Then use the xxx.xxx.xxx.166 as your gateway for the other devices. I have tried this but cannot make anything happen either from the sonicwall or from a laptop configured with one of those IP's. I will post here if i get it working. Michael, can you let me know if you get it working?
Thanks!