Re: how to install debian if I can "only" boot from harddisk ?

I did try it, just for kicks since I already had Debian installed.  It
works just as advertised.  It will detect which processor you have, and
download appropriate net install (daily build if I am not mistaken) for
Etch and then offer you a chance to install it next boot.  The install
works just as if you booted it from a CD.

Really?  There is one particular aspect I'm concerned with:  Will it really put Debian on its own partition or is it one of those Linux-in-a-file-inside-a-windows-partition crazy things? I looked a lot in the net for this information but I can't find it anywhere.

Joe

- --