Re: how to install debian if I can "only" boot from harddisk ?

Ken Hu:

> The dvd rom of my notebook is broken(can not read anything), and there's
> no other removable devices like floppy or usb pen that can be used on
> that notebook.
> The only way I can boot is from the existed WindowsXP on 1 of my 2
> partitions.
>
> So , if I want to install debian on the other partition , what can I
> do ?

There are several solutions for this. Maybe the easiest one (which I
haven't tested yet) is <http://goodbye-microsoft.com/> where you can
find a Windows executable which tries to prepare a windows system for a
regular Debian installation. All you need is a network connection, as
fas as I can tell.

J.
--
I wear a lot of leather but would never wear fur.
[Agree]   [Disagree]