Re: how to install debian if I can "only" boot from harddisk ?

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 08:44, Ken Hu wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I found myself in a strange situation.
> The dvd rom of my notebook is broken(can not read anything), and there's
> no other removable devices like floppy or usb pen that can be used on
> that notebook.
> The only way I can boot is from the existed WindowsXP on 1 of my 2
> partitions.
>
> So , if I want to install debian on the other partition , what can I
> do ?
> I just want to know is this the end that I should not go any further to
> find some solutions ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Ken
One solution is to attach the notebook's hard disk into another computer and
perform the installation on that computer.
Also some ethernet cards are able to boot from network.
http://www.linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/pxeboot.html

--
-=[JT]=-