Re: CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y, ACPI, and uswsusp

Nick Lidakis(nlidakis@verizon.net) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> >Nick Lidakis(nlidakis@verizon.net) is reported to have said:

> >>No. It is not. That's why I went to the trouble of downloading 2.6.20
> >>from kernel.org. These are my options in either kernel:
> >
> >Yes it is if your using a Debian kernel
> >
> >uname -a
> >Linux buddy 2.6.18 #1 SMP Sat Feb 10 20:09:49 EST 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

<snip>

> I posted clearly that those options were not available and even copied
> over the menuconfig screen in my previous post. So, you telling me that
> the options are there helps me little. What I am asking (and, yes, I did
> try Google) is: I'm I misconfiguring the kernel config in such a way
> that those options don't show up?
>
> Here:
<snip old info>

You posted the 'menuconfig screen' I posted the config file.  Did you
compare your config file with what I posted?

1.  The kernel config file in /boot/config-{version} shows all of the
  config options that are available.  Those you configured and those
  that you didn't.

2.  If you had the same kernel and headers that I have, both of our
  config files would have the same number of entries weither we
  configurd them the same or not.  The only differences would be
  =y, =m, or is not set, after the options.

The config I posted was from

linux-source-2.6.18             2.6.18.dfsg.1-11
Linux kernel source for version 2.6.18 with Debian patche

linux-headers-2.6.18-4-k7       2.6.18.dfsg.1-11 Header files
for Linux 2.6.18 on AMD K7

If we are both using the _same_ kernel source and headers then I sure
don't what is wrong.

Wayne

--
Keyboard not connected, press to continue.