Re: He? She? - IT! -- The creature of an other world! [was Re: OT: a dumb query? pls humor me]

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:58:26 +0200
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:

> Am 2007-03-14 20:27:30, schrieb Joe Hart:
> > my dog, your dog, her dog, his dog, its dog, our dog, their dog.
> > That is all of the personal pronouns referring to possession of a
> > dog.
> >
> > In Spanish you have one more.
> >
> > It is extremely impolite to refer to people as an it, so his or her
> > are the only ones left.
>
> It, it, it -- IT IS ME!  ;-)
>
> A Man		=>	He
> A Woman		=>	She
> A Hermaphrodit	=>	It

An Object	=>	It
A Hermaphrodit	=>	either he or she, as (s)he prefers,
maybe...

In Hungarian, there is only one pronoun for both sexes: ő.
(for those who see a diamond with a question mark: an o with a " on top
of it.) And it's not used for objects.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Click to consolidate debt and lower month expenses
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/CAaCMPJklgp8aROKBRxgrIxSlBbG6FGG/