Re: pthread has error on Etch

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:32:20PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 08:27:36PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 10:59 +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> > > My problem was solved.Since i reinstall pthread library,My program has
> > > been working fine.
> > > - --Mohsen
> >
> > I hate to tell you this, but you have contradicted yourself three times
> > now.
> >
> > You are not dealing with Windows where "Remove and Reinstall" typically
> > works.
> >
> Greg,
>
> I'm not sure if you follow the debian-devel list, but apparently a kind
> Debian Developer on the c++-pthreads list recommended the Moshen
> reinstall his libc6-dev package since something he posted on that list
> (which was OT since he was asking a C question on a C++ list), indicated
> a possible problem with the package.
>
> > Stop asking on public mailing lists for your homework help.
>
> I'd have to agree with that.

If someone is going to ask for help on a homework problem, the person
should at least try to learn the language well enought to provide a
syntactically correct program. You should try to eliminate all other
possible errors before you start to worry about possible library
reinstallation. I made it work by fixing the syntax error, fixing the
function calls and code organization, then it worked. no need to
reinstall anything.