Re: Speeding up boot time

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Run "ls -1 /etc/init.d" and post it here.  That will tell us what you
> can deinstall.

Hmmm, init ... I was wondering what is the status of the init daemon
replacements upstart and initng. I was checking up in on initng on
debian website and the changelog shows that the last update was more
than an year ago and the latest version of the package is 0.5.2-1
whereas the latest upstream version is 0.6.10 However, upstart seems to
be more uptodate with a new package 0.3.8-1 uploaded on 12 Mar.

Does anyone have experience in using either of these? How much is the
performance different than the current init?

Thanks,
KS.