Re: firefox and iceweasel

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:06:00 -0400
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:12:34AM +0200, Eeltje wrote:
> >
> > Question of copyright. You lose nothing using Iceweasel.
> >

> That's subject to disagreement. Lately on the Debian forums there have
> been a lot of problems arising from using Iceweasel over Firefox,
> although it's nothing very serious.
>
> >From what I remember it has to do with Iceweasel showing up as a
> user-agent and Firefox plugins not working the same.
>
> But for the most part, Firefox and Iceweasel are identical.

Yes, plugins are the problem. I recently upgraded from Sarge to Etch,
and Iceweasel didn't handle flash correctly. (Java was OK in the few
applications I tried.) My bookmarks and preferences were kept, and the
transition was really seamless, except for the flash. If there was a
plugins directory in usr/share/iceweasel as there was in firefox,
fixing it would have been simple, but there wasn't. So I removed
Iceweasel and reinstalled Firefox. Again, transition went seamlessly...

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Get a spam free email account - Visit http://www.bluebottle.com