Re: Reconnect to a specific TTY session?

Jim Hyslop wrote:

> When I ssh into my Debian box from my laptop, sometimes I step away from
> the laptop, and when I come back it's gone into standby. This, of
> course, drops the TCP/IP connection to the Debian box. Is there any way
> to re-establish the connection to the session I was running? If I try
> ssh aga

Is there any firewall between the server and the client? If so, the firewall
might be switching off the idle ssh connections. If this infact is your
problem, to keep the ssh connections alive use ServerAliveInterval option
in your ~/.ssh/config . More info can be found at the man page of
ssh_config.

hth
raju

--