Re: 2nd try: anybody familiar with php4-curl?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:19:11 -0400
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> [Sent this a week or so back - never received a single reply... so, one
> more try...  Thanks... Miles]
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to install a package that requires curl support, and it's
> installer tells me that curl isn't enabled.

Which package?

> I'm running Debian Sarge, Apache2, PHP-4, and I thought I had installed
> php4-curl when I did my initial installs (apt-get install php4-curl)
> tells me that it's up to date.

Are we talking about a PHP package? curl is a standalone application as
well as a part of lots of others and libraries. Can you be more
specific about what you're trying to install and what sort of curl it
requires?

> The documentation on the PHP site tells me that curl requires that PHP
> be compiled with --with-curl, but phpinfo tells me it wasn't.
>
> Which leads to three questions:
>
> 1. do I have to do something during my install to get PHP and cURL
> working right (like a manual compile) (I would think that the package
> installer would take care of that)?
>
> 2. if all is installed properly, is there a config. line I need to set
> somewhere to enable cURL
>
> 3. is there a better place to ask this question?

You need to be clearer about what exactly you're trying to do. [Not a
flame; just a request for more info.]

Celejar