Re: Looking for password manager

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 11:56:18AM -0500, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I am in the process of moving from Win 2k to Linux.
>
> On Win I have a great little program named RoboForm that
> manages my passwords for IE and FireFox and also fills in
> forms with my personal information when needed.
>
> Does anyone know of a similar program for Linux? It will
> be nearly like losing a good friend not having RoboForm!

I personally like MyPasswordSafe.  It is Qt-based (which I don't really
care for), but it is very nicely implemented.  There is another one
which is packaged for Debian which is gtk2-based, but I did not like the
interface so much and it seemed a bit clunky to use.

If you intend to swtich around (Linux/Windows/MacOS) a lot, you might
want to consider Password Gorilla.  It is a Tcl/Tk application and runs
on all three platforms.  However, it is not, AFAIK, packaged for Debian.
I am not crazy about its interface, but it is nice when you can use the
same application the same way on multiple platforms.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez