Re: How do I run fetchmail from crontab and log to syslog? [solved]

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:27:43 -0600
Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 08:40:43PM -0700, Raquel wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:14:33 -0600
> >
> > I do it without incurring the excessive mail to root.
> >
> > My personal account crontab:
> >      # Fetch mail from mail server
> >      */2 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail -s
> >
> > My .fetchmailrc:
> >      set postmaster "raquel"
> >      set bouncemail
> >      set properties ""
> >
> >      poll server.domain.com with proto POP3 timeout 300
> >           user "username" there with password "password" is
> >           username
> > here options fetchall warnings 3600;
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> >

> I found 'set syslog' in some instructions for fetchmailconfig.
> Sorry for the noise. And, yes '-s' cuts the messages by a lot.
> --
> Paul E Condon

I didn't find your questions to be unnecessary noise at all.  I
thought you had valid concerns and was just afraid that I was
missing something important in trying to understand your questions.

--
Raquel
If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them