Re: pppconfig "command not found"

Also after installation my ubuntu on the other partition doesn't see the partitions any longer. What could be the problem.
If I understood right, when you installed Etch, Ubuntu ceased to see the partitions in which Etch was installed.
Perhaps you changed the filesystem in the partition when you installed Etch; see your /etc/fstab in Ubuntu and verify if it is correct.

jmak