pppconfig "command not found"

Hi,
I've just installed etch and want to hook up to the Internet via an external modem. But when I issue the command pppconfig I get the message "command not found." pppconfig always worked for me before. Now I dont know how to hook up to the internet.
Also after installation my ubuntu on the other partition doesn't see the partitions any longer. What could be the problem.

jmak