Re: Reconnect to a specific TTY session?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Jim Hyslop wrote:

Hi, gang

I suspect I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway :-)

When I ssh into my Debian box from my laptop, sometimes I step away from
the laptop, and when I come back it's gone into standby. This, of
course, drops the TCP/IP connection to the Debian box. Is there any way
to re-establish the connection to the session I was running? If I try
ssh again, I get a new TTY session.

- --
Jim Hyslop
Dreampossible: Better software. Simply.     http://www.dreampossible.ca

well, not directly answering your questing, but, one thing you could start to do, is run screen on the debian box. that way you can always use that to get to your last session your last one ..

 ---
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.