OT: Re: Used tasksel to remove packages, now there are dependency issues

>> - workstation user does not and does not need to read root's mail

> Cron reports problems by mail; I think that's why it recommends an MTA.
> Celejar

agree ;)
but I am not interested what cron is reporting more than I was concerned with MS Win logs, i.e.: I don't care.

should I ?

After painfull migration from Win2k  I managed to configure really descent desktop, that did not require attention between planned updates (sarge 3,4, etch) for more than a year.

I hope it's normal and not the exception in linux world.

rgds
zb