Re: How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup

Ron Johnson:

> [...]  Why created multiple daemons for activity that's going to
> run every X number of minutes, when cron is already specialized for
> that purpose?

It just doesn't hurt. Maybe one could even argue that letting fetchmail
run in daemon mode takes less resources over time than having to start
it periodically (binary/libs fell out of disk cache, rereading of config
files). But fetchmail is really low on resources anyway, so I think it
is not worth "optimizing" the usage model further. At least not on my
machine (P3, 256MB RAM), which is idling most of the time anyway.

Whatever. I am not trying to convince anybody about how to use
fetchmail. Recently,  I have purged it from my system. :)

J.
--
I often blame my shortcomings on my upbringing.
[Agree]   [Disagree]