Re: How to run fetchmail as daemon at startup

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 20:45 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:32:55 -0400
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 23:26 +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> > > Ron Johnson:

> > > Yes. On most peoples' systems there's only a fistful of anyway.
> >
> > You are fooling yourself. Run them a one shot cronjob set to run every
> > 10-30 minutes. Much better use of resources on the machine.
> >
> > As I have said before, fetchmail WILL die or hang on you, when run in
> > daemon mode.
>
> monit [0] ?

All that is telling you that it DID do it oopsie. I want something that
just plain works. Using a cron driven fetchmail works, daemon mode
suxxorz.

Not to be glib here, but look who writes fetchmail... the self
proscribed bestestest programmer in the world. This is the best example
of a program he writes to preach to the whole world?

I can do as good, with shell. I have in some instances.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup