Re: skype audio problem

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 02:43:24AM -0700, rocky wrote:
> Hey,
>

> Since I could not apt-get install skype on my debian stable system. I
> downloaded skype 1.3.0 debian source from skype.com and use dpkg
> installed the skype. Everthing works fine the only problem is dial to
> echo123 I can not record any audio to there although I can hear the
> ringing tone and the audio hints for testing. I tried to skype to my
> friends to test but I can not hear from him and he can not hear from
> me.  Before I was using skype 1.2.0 which I installed using the same
> method. The skype 1.2.0 installation worked perfectly.
>
> Can any of you help me out please?

The main audio difference between 1.2 and 1.3 is that 1.2 uses OSS and
1.3 uses ALSA.

In the Skype options you can select between the two.
Tools->Options->Sound Devices->Audio System to use

Try setting it to OSS, since I think ALSA is the default for 1.3.

If this works, the the problem lies with your ALSA config.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a