skype audio problem

Hey,

Since I could not apt-get install skype on my debian stable system. I
downloaded skype 1.3.0 debian source from skype.com and use dpkg
installed the skype. Everthing works fine the only problem is dial to
echo123 I can not record any audio to there although I can hear the
ringing tone and the audio hints for testing. I tried to skype to my
friends to test but I can not hear from him and he can not hear from
me.  Before I was using skype 1.2.0 which I installed using the same
method. The skype 1.2.0 installation worked perfectly.

Can any of you help me out please?