Re: How can I force a clean reinstall of xfree86?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, wix@eskimo.com wrote:

Greetings;

Before I do the Windows thing of a complete reinwtall of
the system for the fourth time, can anybody tell me how to
do this?

There is something wrong and the xserver won't come up.

All it says is "I cannot start the X server" and some other
general stuff. I have tried running dpkg-reconfigure xfree86
several times but somthing is not getting completely reset
because I still have the same problem.

I also tried doing a --forcereinstall with apt-get and that
didn't do the trick either.

Anybody know how to force a full reinstall?

Thanks,
Dennis

check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for errors? That will problably give you a good idea of what having problem

---
Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.