Re: bind9 prevents external access

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2007 19:48 schrieb Justin Hartman:
> On 3/21/07, Oliver Jato <oliver.jato@gmx.de> wrote:
> > you'll probably have to tell bind to use recursion for fetching adresses
> > which are not in his authority. in options, set "allow-recursion {
> > 127.0.0.1; };". if you want others on your network to use your bind, too,
> > also
> > add "192.168.1/24;", for example.
>
> I've added the allow-recursion setting for all my IP addresses on the
> network in named.conf.options but still no joy...

sorry, i forgot that you'll have to add "recursion yes;" to enable recursion.
the allow-recursion part was only to filter for whom your bind will resolve
recursive queries. you'll have to add both inside the "options { ... };" part
of your named.conf.local.

--

Grüße / Regards,
Oliver

If God had meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way.