Hang up when "Starting PC card services."

Subject: Hang up when "Starting PC card services."

Version:  3.1r3

Machine: Dell Inspiron 8000
Processor: Pentium III 700/550MHz
Memory: 256 KB

Comments/Problems:  I experienced considerable video distortion when trying to boot from the CD without any boot parameters.  I eventually used the linux vga=771 noapic nolapic boot parameter and I did get through the first three screens.  The system hangs up at 92% "Detecting hardware to find CD-ROM drives" as part of "Starting PC card services."

Any help you can give regarding this issue is appreciated.

jkk

Brian Hanson
Research Assistant
Grand Valley State University
Robert B. Annis Water Resources Institute
(616) 331-3947